This article will cover the procedure of replacing the oil pump on your petrol chainsaw.
*NOTE*: This procedure is complex and requires some mechanical skill
To replace your oil pump, you will need the following tools:
- Clutch removal tool
- Piston stop
- Torx bit (T20)
- 13mm socket
You also need a new oil pump part. Please find on our website or through our helpline
- Remove chain brake assembly (2x 13mm nuts).
- Remove clutch by using a piston stop in spark plug hole, use clutch removal to twist clutch towards OFF position (clockwise) This will be tight at first, and loosen until the clutch comes off.
- With torx bit unscrew top two screws on the black cover behind the clutch, this will reveal the oil pump (see image below) .
- With torx bit unscrew 2x screws on the oil pump - there is an earth cable on the top right screw.
- Replace oil pump with new, reconnect the oil pipes and earth cable.
- Ensure oil pump screws are tight.
- Put black cover back on (2x torx screws).
- Put clutch, clutch housing and parts back on, tighten clutch using clutch tool (This needs to be hand tight, do not over tighten. Anti-clockwise).
- Check clutch is free and all parts are seated correctly .
- Refit chain, bar and brake assy.
- Test - if you are unsure, please contact us for further advice.