This article will cover the soft fixes if the chain on your chainsaw is not moving.
If the chain is not moving when you rev the engine:
- If the chain brake is engaged (see below diagram), the chain will not move. 'a' = pulling back the brake bar will *disengage* the chain brake, allowing your chain to move. 'b' = pushing forward the brake will *engage* the chain brake, stopping your chain from moving.
- Please check that the chain is correctly tensioned (when tensioned correctly it should be possible to pull one chain link free of the bar channel with ease).
- Please check that the chain or blade are not damaged.
- If either the blade or chain are damaged they will need to be replaced.
- The diagram above shows what the chain should look like when A.) cold, and B.) warm - this refers to if you are starting machine from scratch (cold), or running it after a while of usage (warm).