This article will cover the process which you can follow to check if your Start Stop cable is correctly tensioned.
NOTE: To skip ahead to a particular stage, go to the bottom where you have 'Go to' options.
Let's firstly address the cable tension:
The Start-Stop cable goes from the levers on your handle down to the engine of your mower. If the cable is not correctly tensioned, the lawnmower will not start.
Checking the Start-Stop Cable is Correctly Tensioned
Depending on the size of the mower, either:
- 8mm & 10 mm spanner
- 10mm & 12mm spanner
- If there is any more than 5-10mm play in the cable it will need to be tensioned. The Start-Stop cable is the cable that goes from the levers on your handle down to the engine of your mower.
- In order to tension the cable, locate the silver barrel adjuster located halfway along the cable and loosen the locking nut at the top of the barrel.
- Turn the barrel adjuster until you have the desired 5 mm to 10 mm play in the cable.
- Once you have the desired tension, please screw down the locking nut.
- Fully tighten the locking nut and barrel using the 10mm and 11mm spanners.
The video below gives a visual representation of this procedure: