This article will cover the procedure of fitting the strimmer line on your petrol strimmer.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
For the CDB/GDB:
- Twist off the spool cover/bolt-cap (for GDB30B: clockwise to loosen; for CDB: anti-clockwise to loosen) and then remove it. Do not lose the spring!
- Remove the spool and remove the remaining line.
- Make a nick in the middle of the new line, and hook it into the slot in the middle of the spool.
- Wind on a spool line on each side of the spool in the direction shown by the arrows.
- Press both lines into the opposite slots and thread the lines into the openings of the spool casing (the eyelets).
- Carefully push the line spool with its spring into the spool casing.
- When doing so, pull the lines out through the eyelets.
- Press the line spool in, and turn it clockwise as far as the stop.
- Keep hold of the line spool and twist it slightly back. The line spool must remain firmly fixed in the pushed in position.
- Screw the cover/bolt-cap back (GDB30B anti-clockwise ; CDB clockwise ) onto the line spool and turn it by hand. Adjusting the lines to the right length.
- Push on the underside of the line spool by hand and pull out both lines until they are somewhat longer than the edge of the protective bonnet.