This article covers the soft fixes you could take if you chain is not moving on your chainsaw.
- Please check that after starting the chainsaw and you are intending to use the chainsaw that the chain brake is disengaged, because if the chain brake is engaged the chain will not rotate.
- Please ensure that the blade and chain are not damaged.
- If either are damaged they will need to be replaced.
- Please make sure that the chain is correctly tensioned.
- Each link should be able to be pulled out so that the bottom is still within the bar.
- You should be able to rotate the chain around the bar if you move the chain with some gloves.