Connecting and setting this up can sometimes be difficult due to certain issues. We hope this article assists you when connecting up your mower to the WIFI. Ensure that you have the MOWAP application downloaded on either a smartphone or tablet. The app is available on both the app store and google play.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Does your robot mower have the WIFI functionality
- Setting up and linking your robot mower to the app
- Checking the wifi frequency settings
- Ensuring that your robot mower is within range of your router
Does your robot mower have the WIFI functionality
- Some of our robot mower range does not support WIFI connectivity. Please check the manual, product description, and box to see if your product is supported.
Setting up and linking your robot mower to the app
- Please visit our guide on how to set up the app. The videos on there show exactly how to install and implement this correctly. Link to guide: How to connect my robot mower to the app
Checking the wifi frequency settings
- Your WIFI has two settings at home, 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The signal the robot mower uses to connect is 2.4ghz. Your WIFI must be set to this standard otherwise it will not connect.
- To check what frequency your WIFI is set to please follow these steps:
- On your computer/laptop ensure you are connected to the network.
- Open the networks panel (the WIFI icon in the bottom right of your taskbar).
- Click on properties.
- Scroll down on the new tab to where it says properties.
- "Network band" will either be 2.4ghz or 5ghz.
- To change this you will have to enter the settings of your WIFI router. You can find out how to change this through your network provider's website.
Ensuring that your robot mower is within range of your router
- Ensuring you have both the robot mower and the router very close together will make it much easier to connect. We recommend placing the robot mower directly next to the router to make sure it connects.
Connecting to the mower through direct mode
- If you are still struggling and the robot will still not connect to the WIFI you can use direct mode. This mode helps you connect to the robot mower without having WIFI connectivity. To do this you must:
- Press and hold the WIFI button on the mower console pad and then switch on the main power of the mower.
- Proceed to load up the MOWAP on your device and select direct mode.
- You will be prompted to enter in a pin, this pin is set to '0000' default as standard.
- You will now have direct connectivity with your machine.
Tip: If none of the tips have worked in solving your issue please try reinstalling the app. Sometimes a soft fix like this can resolve the issue.